Sunday, May 25, 2008

sniffl

[refer to last post] ...or simply catch a cold:


Last night, cocooned inside a knit blanket, multicolored and beautiful in its ugliness, just big enough to wrap my body, in the folds of my roommate's couch, against the inside wall of the living room in the middle of the apartment where I pay 48% of the rent with my own hard-earned money, in the middle of an 8-unit building (top floor, resting near the floor that divides top from bottom), inside the complex of buildings surrounding a green lawn inappropriate for my city, in the middle of my city, on earth in a solar system towards the edge of a spiral saucer-shaped galaxy.

Contained. Dark. Soft. Warm. Resting, enclosed in protection I've created for myself, safe to drift off at 8pm on a Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home